There is no such thing as ‘perfect hosting provider.’ Different webmasters use different services to cater to the wide range of hosting needs. While some web hosting services are extremely popular, the others are not so much. But, the popularity could not be the sole judge of the quality. The more popular web hosting services usually employ the most aggressive promotion and marketing strategies to make their brands stand out.
We don’t need to name any names and we will also not say that the popular web hosting services are not any good. But, we would definitely like to state – and emphasize – that some of the lesser known web hosts offer really high-quality services. 1&1 or 1and1 webmail is one such name that has hosted some really top grade websites and has continued to grow, albeit silently.
Currently operational in more than 10 countries, this hosting company has given some of the top companies the run for their money. Whether you are looking for domain registration, web hosting, email services or site development, 1&1 has it all. 1&1 Webmail is the email service provided by this company.
Also Read :- How To Troubleshoot Workspace Webmail Issues
GETTING STARTED WITH 1&1 WEBMAIL
1&1 Webmail is a fully functional email service that allows you to access and manage your business (and even personal) emails from 1&1. You can access the emails using the browser of your choice and there is no need to install any additional software. As long as you have an internet connection and a web browser, you can access your emails from a computer and/or a mobile device.
Also Read :- Hotmail Account Login & Sign Up
Logging in to Webmail
You can log in to 1&1 Webmail using two methods. You directly access the webmail link on your browser: https://webmail.1and1.com/ or you can log in to your control panel at https://account.1and1.com/ and access webmail through it. To access through the control panel, follow the steps below:
- Go to Mail Panel and click Manage E-Mail Addresses
- You will see the list of the email addresses under ‘Summary of your e-mail addresses’
- Click the arrow icon on the right for the email address you wish to access
- Click Login
- Enter your webmail login and password
How to Upgrade to Basic Webmail Account to Business Webmail Account
You can use the Webmail interface to upgrade your email account. The process is simple and easy to follow. The steps are given below:
- Login to Webmail account using your email address and password at http://webmail.1and1.com
- Click on the link on the left sidebar (at the bottom) that reads ‘Do you need more storage space? Expand now to 50 GB!’
- If the upgrade has been restricted by the owner (in case you are not the owner) you will receive a message stating ‘Upgrades are currently disabled for this mailbox.’ In that case, you will need to contact the Webmail account owner to allow you to upgrade. If you are the owner move on to the next step
- On the bottom, you will see a checkbox that reads “I am the contract holder or the contract holder has authorized me to upgrade my e-mail account”
- Now click the button “Purchase 1&1 Mail Business”
Now you will be able to enjoy Business Webmail free for 30 days. After the trial period, you will be charged 4 USD per user per month. In order to use the business webmail interface, you will need to log out and log in again.
Also Read :- StaffLinQ Login Guide
Import the Contacts in the Webmail
Here is how you can import your contacts in the 1&1 Webmail:
- Log in to your Webmail account at http://webmail.1and1.com/ (use your 1&1 e-mail address and password)
- Select the ‘Address Book’ tab on the top
- On the left sidebar, under Private, click the hamburger menu next to ‘Contacts’
- From the dropdown menu select ‘Import’
- Select the desired format to import (CSV or vCard)
- Click ‘Upload file’ button and locate the file on your hard drive
- Once you have chosen the file to be imported, click the ‘Import’ button
UNDERSTANDING 1&1 CONTROL PANEL
Once you have created the account, you can visit the link https://account.1and1.com/ to log in with your email address and password that you created at the time of registration. In case you have forgotten your password, you can click ‘Forgot your password?’ link.
Here are some of the things you can do after logging in.
Update Account Information
You can update the account information through the Control Panel. This is how you can do that:
- Go to the section called Account Management and in the My Data panel, click on the Address link
- Enter the required information in the proper text boxes on the screen
- You can change your Name, Company Name, Address, Phone Number, and even the 1&1 login email address
- Once you have filled the form you can click ‘Confirm’ to submit the new information
Change Domain Auto-Renewal Settings
You may have more than one domain and you may not want all of them to get auto-renewed at the end of the term. You can change the setting for all the domains that you have purchased with 1&1 and have already been invoiced. If you have any included Domain, it will get renewed automatically for no cost. You cannot disable the auto-renewal function for such domains. If you do not wish to auto renew such a domain, you will need to Cancel it.
Remember that the auto-renewal feature, by default is turned on. This is to make sure that none of your domains expire inadvertently. This can have serious consequences especially if you have a business website. But, you can disable the auto-renewal manually by following these steps:
- Log in to your control panel
- From the Domains panel click Domain Center
- You will now see the list of all your domains along with auto-renewal dates. For Included Domains you will see ‘Renews with the contract’
- You will see an arrow icon on the far right on the row for each domain; click on the icon
- The details section will expand and you will see a toggle under the auto-renewal date. Slide the toggle to the right to disable auto-renewal
1&1 isn’t exactly the most popular web and email hosting service. However, the quality of services it provides is at par with some of the famous hosting brands you hear about more frequently. 1&1 offers Webmail service which allows you to create an email address along with your hosting service. You get the basic services with 2GB storage for free. For advanced services, you can upgrade to Business Webmail for $4.00 a month. So I think now you are going to use one and one webmail or 1&1 webmail for sure.