You don’t have to buy and own a Kindle device to read and manage your eBooks. Amazon offers a PC version of Kindle that lets you browse through the vast collection of eBooks in the Kindle store and buy them so that you can read them right on your computer. Kindle for PC is a completely free of cost application. It is easy to download and install and even easier to use.
The computer version of Kindle is a treat for book lovers. If you own a Kindle portable mobile device you can easily synch it with its PC installment. You will have access to all the books and even bookmarks on both the devices. What’s even more amazing is that this E-Reader supports a wide range of eBook formats. You don’t necessarily have to get all of it from Kindle Store.
Wondering how to get Kindle on your computer? Continue reading!
Download and Install Kindle on Your PC
The very first thing you need to do is get Kindle desktop application on your computer. The good news is Kindle is available on both Windows and Mac OS platforms. The installation process is as straightforward as it can get. It is an official app for computers and hence there is no need to look up for any workaround. Here is how you can download and install Kindle on your computer:
- Use any web browser to visit the link: https://www.amazon.in/kindle-dbs/fd/kcp
- Locate and click ‘Download for PC & Mac’ button
- The latest version of Kindle desktop application will be saved on your computer
- Now navigate to the folder in which you have downloaded the file
- Double-click the file to run the installer
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process
That’s it! You have now installed Kindle on your computer.
Getting Started With Kindle
Now that you have installed Kindle, you can instantly get started. Kindle is a well-designed app and is incredibly easy to use. Here is what you need to do to start using this application:
- Run the Kindle application on your computer
- On the ‘Register Kindle’ interface you will see the following options:
- Log in with your Amazon account email address and password. You will need to log in if you wish to sync across multiple devices
- Click ‘Create Your Amazon account’ if you don’t have one (if you are new to Amazon)
- If you wish to continue using Kindle without registering, you can click close (‘x’) button on the top right. Remember that without login you will not be able to sync Kindle on multiple devices
- You will now have access to the user interface of Kindle. You can use the search box on the top to look up for titles and authors. You can also click on the Kindle Store icon on the top right to browse the eBooks available for purchase
- On the left pane, you can preview your library
- On the main screen, you will see the list of the available eBooks by Title, Author and Recent
Also Check: – Top 10 Skype Alternatives You Can Use in 2017
Features Of Kindle For PC
Here are the top features of this incredible application:
- It is an easy to use application with a slick and intuitive interface
- Once you have added the book you can start reading by double clicking on it from the list
- You can easily navigate while reading the books with a variety of navigation features. You can view the table of contents at the beginning of the book to jump to a particular chapter. It also has an effective Search option which lets you find the desired location or phrase.
- You can interact with the application while reading the eBook in two ways: you can either press the arrow keys on the keyboard to flip the pages or use the scroll wheel on the mouse
- Kindle for PC offers easy readability. You can also use a number of features to enhance legibility. Here is what you can do to improve the reading experience:
- Change the size of the font to your liking
- Modify the number of words displayed in each line
- Change the brightness according to your convenience
- Alter the color mode for better readability
- Use the column layout
- It also offers full-screen mode allowing larger reading area and hence better readability
- You can easily take notes while reading to revisit the key points; this comes handy especially during academic reading
- You can highlight particular texts to draw attention to it when you access the page sometime later
- Kindle also lets you add multiple bookmarks so that you can revisit the particular page or section of the book
- It also has a unique feature that lets you view the texts or passages that other users highlight frequently
- It also gives you quick access to a built-in dictionary. You don’t need to look up on the internet for the meaning anymore. All you need to do is select the desired word whose definition you want to know. However, if you do need to look up for the meaning online, you can do it directly from the Kindle app
- One of the best things about Kindle’s PC edition is that it easily synchronizes the information from other devices. For example, if you are using Kindle on your Android device, the sync feature will sync all your annotations, bookmarks, and even last read page. You can continue reading from where you left regardless of the device. You just need to make sure you are signed in with the same Amazon account on all the devices.
- It eliminates the need to buy a kindle device separately. You can read all the desired eBooks from Kindle Store using this app.
Kindle for PC brings all the joy of eBook reading right on your PC. Even if you don’t own a Kindle device, you can read all the books from Kindle store. It is a free to download and use application. You just need to buy books from the store. If you have multiple devices with Kindle, you can sign in on them with the same Amazon account and sync all your bookmarks and other details.