When it began to gain popularity, Console gaming took the spotlight away from PC gaming. In the past few years, however, it seems PC gaming has seen a massive revival and has become more mainstream than ever before. There’s been a flurry of PC gaming-dedicated peripherals and devices in the market. If you happen to be a computer gaming enthusiast, you would like to make sure you have the right set of gadgets for the finest experience.
A keyboard is an essential peripheral for gamers. A good keyboard ensures better game play and great gaming experience. This is why it is important to choose the right keyboard for PC gaming. In this article, we rally the top 15 best gaming keyboard you can buy in 2017. Take a look!
- 15 Best Gaming Keyboards 2017
15 Best Gaming Keyboards 2017
Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
- Chroma V2 is easily one of the most comfortable best gaming keyboards you can get.
- The wrist rest is detachable allowing you to use it at will.
- Unlike its predecessor, which only had one key switch, Chroma V2 offers three in Green, Orange, and Yellow colors.
- The keys are easy to use and highly tactile. What we really like about them is that they are exceptionally smooth and noiseless. But that will certainly not be it.
- This keyboard also offers not one macro key but 5 in total. You can assign these keys to just about any gaming action you want.
- What’s super awesome is the fact that there are nearly 17 million backlighting colors to choose from. And, there are many ways to set them too. For instance, you could have a distinct backlight for each key or you could have the keys back lit with an animation.
Also Read: Best Offline Android Games 2017
Logitech G413 Carbon
Logitech is very well known for designing top of the range computer accessories without concerning itself with the price tag its products may carry. Well, this is why the company’s offerings have been extortionate. This, however, seems to be changing now. That’s probably because the company wants to hit some sales numbers as well and make some bigger profits.
- G413 Carbon is the recent example of this paradigm shift. This keyboard comes at a more nominal price. But, the cut in the price came with the compromise in features.
- This keyboard does not offer customizable macro keys. Neither does it give you the RGB backlights. If you can live with that, we think it is still one of the finest gaming keyboards you can have.
- It has a solid, impressive alloy built. The keys are highly responsive, smooth and almost noiseless.
You May Also Like: Can PS4 Play PS3 Games
Topre Realforce RGB
Picture Courtesy- EliteKeyboards
If not for anything else, you would like to buy Topre Realforce RGB gaming keyboard for the most visually appealing RGB backlights. Yes! It’s that gorgeous. But, when you begin to think that’s is all there is, there comes more.
- Topre is a Japanese company, which is popular for innovations and this keyboard has so many it is difficult to list out all of them.
- The key-switches are tactile and highly responsive, thanks to the unique Topre technology that goes into the design.
- The ergonomic lay out coupled with a wrist rest (bought additionally) makes sure endless hours of game play with little or no sense of fatigue to fingers.
- The keys, of course, are super smooth and make almost no noise even when they are subjected to intense use.
What we really loved (and were overwhelmed with) is the variance in actuation this keyboard offers.
- You can use the actuation in the range of 1.5mm to 3mm, the lower end being exceptionally useful to the gamers and top of the range for high accuracy while typing.
- So, if you are looking for a high-quality gaming keyboard that you can also use at work, Topre Realforce RGB is what you must buy.
HyperX Alloy Elite
If you are looking for an affordable gaming keyboard which still offers plenty of features, HyperX Alloy Elite is what you would like to look at.
- Elite lets you choose from a set of three key-switches including Brown, Cherry Red, and Blue. It is framed inside a steel body for durability and ease of use. Whether you wish to play games for hours or type in long sessions, this keyboard severs both the purposes well.
- There are lots of media keys to allow you quick access to various media functions. It also has a dedicated button to control the backlighting of the keyboard.
- What it doesn’t have are the customizable macro keys. That could be a turn-off. But, if that’s not a huge concern, this is a pretty solid keyboard to have.
- And yes! It has a pretty bulky cable that makes moving around a little difficult.
If you have been torn between the membrane and mechanical keys, Razer Ornata makes things easier for you.
- This incredible keyboard brings best of both the worlds at one place. The company has had a difficult past pushing their products into the market for the lack of innovation. But, they have caught up pretty well this time.
- Ornata not only makes gaming a more awesome experience, it also ensures more comfortable and easy typing.
- From keys to switches, everything about is Ornata is tactile. The backlights are highly customizable to the per-key level. And it packs a comfy wrist rest as well.
Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
Corsair has come up with some really cool products in the past and K95 is certainly no exception. Needless to say, this peripheral has been designed primarily for gaming. Yet, it does the other jobs pretty well.
- K95 is probably one of the best mechanical keyboard, which, to say the least, is very versatile. The layout of the keys is very well planned and organized.
- There are six macro keys placed snugly in a single row on the keyboard. Of course, it lets you easily assign the macros too.
- The keyboard also has an internal memory that saves your profile allowing you to use it with any computer without having to configure again. Cool! There are nearly 17 million colors to back light your keys with.
- The aluminum built ensures a robust finish. There is a wrist rest too to ensure minimal finger fatigue. All in all, it is a wonderful gaming keyboard to have. Go for it!
If you are looking for a minimal gaming keyboard that offers fuss-less and comfortable experience, we would like you to give Logitech G810 a try.
- Surely the best mechanical keyboard has a minimal design that lends it a very mature appeal. This device features the Romer G Switches which make for pretty smooth use.
- Whether you love to game or use the keyboard at work, this is a pretty solid pick. It uses the wired interface to connect to your computer.
- The keys are programmable and there are plenty of backlighting options. G810 doesn’t pack loads of features, but isn’t that the whole point? Keep things simple, easy to use and affordable.
Cherry MX Board 6.0
What we have truly liked about Cherry MX Board 6.0 is the hassle-free experience it offers. It is not the most feature-rich device you will find compared to the others on this list. But, not everyone is interested in complicated, multi-functional keyboards that most even fail to utilize to the full potential.
- Board 6.0 is good for both gaming and typing. The advanced switches ensure quick response time allowing incredible gaming experience.
- The closely positioned keys ensure excellent typing experience. The built is packed inside a solid aluminum chassis lending it a classy, high-end look.
- It has programmable keys, key backlighting, and a wired interface.
Cougar Attack X3 RGB
Cougar has developed some high-performance, solid gaming keyboards with an affordable price tag.
- X3 comes with an aluminum housing offering a gorgeous look. There are four key-switches to choose from including Cherry MX Black, Red, Brown, and Blue.
- The keyboard offers a polling rate of 1,000Hz, which we would say is pretty awesome. It includes N-Key rollover as well.
- Unlike many others on this list, X3 comes with two USB cables braided with each other. One is the regular input cable and the other is for keyboard lighting. Unfortunately, that adds extra weight and over time the wires may unbraid and cause a bit of chaos.
- Nevertheless, you can tape and keep them together. The other drawback is that it only offers US layout. It will take some doing to get used to it if you have been using any other layout.
SteelSeries Apex M500
We like extra features; well who doesn’t. But, what good are those arcane features you would probably never use. And, most of them are the marketing gimmicks to inflate the price unnecessarily.
- Thankfully Apex M500 does nothing of that sort. It trims down this device to the bare essentials. As a result, what you get is affordable, clean looking, and easy to use gaming keyboard.
- We would have very much liked to have the macro keys, but that’s not a big deal, especially when you consider how much space it saves. It has just one backlight – blue. Not to forget – we missed the media keys too.
Ripjaws KM780R RGB
KM780R is easily one of the best gaming keyboards and we have not one but several reasons to back our claim. There is just about every essential feature you need to make your gaming experience more exciting. At the same time, this keyboard is very reasonably priced.
- It packs two Cherry MX switches – Red and Brown. For the most part, you don’t need any more switches whether you want to play games or simply type.
- Of course, it also offers the RGB backlighting and there are macro keys as well (6 in total). Thankfully, it also comes with a wrist rest for hours of use without fatigue.
- KM780R is also loaded with all the necessary media keys and has a volume wheel too.
Logitech G Pro
This is another awesome gaming keyboard from Logitech. G Pro is somewhat a tenkeyless variant of G810.
- For the uninitiated, tenkeyless keyboards do not have the numeric keypad. If you love the numeric keypads, you would like to be looking at some other options on this list.
- It packs customizable backlighting. What’s really cool is that you can set specific RBG lights for different games. If you happen to have a Logitech mouse, you could sync the lights with it too.
- The lights look pretty stylish we would say. The whole visual appeal is enhanced further by the superior quality build.
- The switches are delightfully responsive and are powered by the effective software. If you are looking for a rather compact keyboard with more ‘mouse space’, G Pro would be a great peripheral for you.
Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS
If you are looking for a not so jazzy, ostentatious keyboard with a snappy design and incredible ease of use, here is Kingstons new offering for you.
- This mechanical keyboard is perfectly suited for FPS games but works well with other genres as well. So, go out all guns blazing.
- It is a simple keyboard so do not expect a lot out of it. There are no macro buttons, no media controls, and nothing else that adds to the frill. Unfortunately, it also doesn’t have a wrist rest, but you can buy it separately.
- It is lightweight though and comes with a carrying bag. What’s nice is that it has three Cherry MX switches – Red, Blue, and Brown. There is red backlight too.
Razer BlackWidow X
BlackWidow X is the trimmed down version of the company’s more advanced version BlackWidow V2.
- It is one of the most affordable gaming keyboards you will find on the market today. And that’s because it is a more simpler version of the more high-end keyboards. But, it does pack some cool features even at a small price tag.
- It has the clicky switches that Razer is famous for. Backlighting is also available but in only one color, green. It features a nice and ergonomic design.
- If you are a hardcore gamer, BlackWidow X may be way too simple for you. But, if you are just starting out, it could be pretty cool.
Cooler Master Quick Fire TK
This is another low-cost, easy to use gaming keyboard. We like this keyboard for a variety of reasons.
- Available for nearly $100, this awesome device offers some cool features. It is lightweight but sits firmly on your desktop thanks to the steel plate that ensures stability.
- It has multimedia buttons too. The keys are quite responsive. And yes, there are backlighting options too.
- If you are looking for an affordable keyboard with basic features and great performance, Quick Fire TK is worth some consideration.